Anyone else?

Sheltering in Place 

Day 1 
Yes!  More family time, getting organized, catching up on school, and laundry! This is gonna be AMAZING! I’ll make a list of all the things we can do. 


Day 1- we walked past the same pile of laundry a minimum of 500 times each hoping it would magically get folded! #Nailedit! 

Day 2
Ok so day 1 didn’t go quite as I had planned but today is the day! We are going to get school done, play a family game, eat dinner together, and ohhhh yes let’s pick out a fun book to read aloud as a family before bed! 


Day2- We ate three full meals and snacks in between, then went to bed while all the dishes remained in place. #Nailedit 

Day 3 
Today is the day for real this time! I mean it we are going to get our school done and clean up this beast of a home. Also, stop leaving your sharpies laying around and darn it get off the video games and read something! Then we are all going to sit together as a family and do SOMETHING! 




Day 3- We played chutes and ladders with LEGO figures because no one knows where all the pieces are and Owen spent most of the day a shade of orange! Only four out of the eight played the game and it lasted about 10 min but I felt accomplished! #Nailedit! 

Day 4
Y’all are getting on my nerves so after school we are going to have some “quiet time” also known as “don’t even think about coming into my room unless you have a missing limb.” Then we are going to sit down and have a lovely family dinner together and tell each other all the things we love about this “sheltering at home” order. 


Day 4- They didn’t listen...so we watched tv and no one talked. #Nailedit 

Day 6,542 
We are now playing a game called “cruise ship” Everyone is a suspect, therefore they are all quarantined to their rooms and daily meals are brought to their doors. If anyone breaks their quarantine their toilet paper ration is reduced by one square for each infraction. I have no pictures because everyone is in lock down. Send help soon! #didntnailit! 


You know I kid and slightly exaggerate...maybe! Honestly, we have had some pretty amazing moments and I can’t tell you how proud I am of how my kiddos are handling this. I expect some melt downs in the coming days but so far they are hanging in with us. The last couple of days have hit hard for Eric and I as the reality of our situation is sinking in. We are mourning for what is lost, meeting together as a body of Christ. I am crying out to the Lord for protection over my family as we are all separated by many miles. But, in the midst of it all I am daily writing down all the things I am thankful for and I would encourage you to do the same. Your mind set changes a bit when you begin your prayers with gratitude. Find the beauty in these ashes and remember to laugh a little, it helps! 

Love you all, 

Comments

Popular Posts