I Had A Dream

 





    I’m not sure how I got here…I am currently riding shotgun in my 18 year old’s car while she drives us to her college. It’s a little surreal. I have sat here quietly scrolling through pictures remembering each moment with her and it came too fast. I know it’s cliche but I’m going to say it anyways, “The days are long but the years are short” and here we are! 

    I had a dream the other night, and just couldn’t shake it off. In the dream, I was speaking to a group of people, not sure if it was a conference or a church service. I never figured that part out, but, public speaking is not something I do on a regular basis or really, EVER! I began speaking on Hebrews 12:1 “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.” I said something about making sure that we are running the race meant for us. I talked about being in grade school, we had field day every year, I wanted so badly to run the relay race but wasn’t quite fast enough. Finally, my 6th grade year I made the team, and when it came to my turn, as I was passing off the baton, I dropped it!! I could take that in all sorts of directions and to be honest, I am not sure what direction that was going because when I was trying to give the verse reference I kept saying Joshua 1:9, I would look for Eric to help correct me because I knew that was the wrong reference. I began to get flustered and embarrassed, it was at this point I woke up in a panic and the dream was over. 

    Weird I know, however, it is very rare that I have a dream that is so vivid and detailed that it continues to run through my brain even days later. This is what Joshua 1:9 says, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” So….Here are my thoughts as I’ve chatted with God over this. 

    Hebrews 12:1 has been one of Eric’s life verses since he can remember. It’s the verse he used when asking my parents for permission to marry me. I think without us really paying attention, it has just been our family verse. We have taken our own path once or twice…or maybe more, needing to throw off what so easily entangled us, however it’s time for Erin to take this verse as her own. She is beginning a new season one that doesn’t need us to draw out her path anymore. As for Joshua 1:9, that was for me, “do not be afraid for her, do not be discouraged that she isn’t with you, for I will be with her wherever she goes, and I will be with you wherever you go!”  

    I don’t know, maybe it was just another weird dream, but what I know is that I have had a peace the last two days that she will be ok, I’ve had my moments and I’m sure there will be more. However, I’m not scared for her, I’m not panicked for her, I’m excited for her, she is off and away to new places, new adventures, it’s going to be AMAZING! 

Comments

Popular Posts