Lessons

Life is full of ups and downs and I don't know why I am always surprised when either happens. Eric and I had a little disappointment this weekend, we received an email from the church we were looking at saying that we did not make the list to come for a second interview. I do believe that God is in control and this was not the place for us. It still hurts, we felt rejected. Friday was not a good day, and I feel that my kids suffered a little because of me. I was letting my hurt feelings and frustrations out on my kids. I realize now that this was silly and that I should be rejoicing in the fact that God has something better for us. I have had to apologize to my kids more than I care to remember for my short fuse. After reading my bible this morning and doing my devotions I realized that I do not want to be the kind of person that lets disappointments take over my emotions. As I watch my kids through out the day and see how they respond to situations I find myself wanting to be more like them. They experience little disappointments everyday, like having a toy taken away, or not getting to play with a certain friend that day, or having to share with the other sibling. They may cry for a short time, but it doesn't take long for them to pick themselves up and move on to something else. So that is what I am going to do, I'm going to pick myself up shake off the dust and move on. I am not going to dwell in the past. God has something bigger and better for us. I am going to continue to be the woman God has called me to be.
This is the verse I read this morning:
"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See,I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:18-19
God is making a way for Eric and I.

Comments

Popular Posts