It's not a dress!


Erin: Oh mom can I wear this today!
Me: Sure baby, it's warm enough today let's find the shorts that go with it.
Erin: I don't need shorts it's a dress.
Me: No, Erin it's not a dress it's just a long shirt you need to wear something underneath.
Erin: but mom, it looks like a dress
Me: Yes, it may look like a dress but it is not a dress you have to wear something underneath.
Erin: OK
After this short little conversation we go into the bathroom to brush teeth and do hair. As I'm trying to do her hair she is turning her head, standing on her tip toes, moving around as much as she can so that it is extremely difficult to get a pony tail in. I get it in and she looks cute as can be.(You can see for yourself from the picture) Now picture this...after the hair is done I'm trying to help her brush her teeth. I need her to actually look at me in order to see the teeth I'm brushing. As I'm doing this she is trying to gaze at herself in the mirror. I keep turning her head to look at me and her eyes are just about rolled back into her head trying to look in the mirror. It was funny after the fact but during I was getting frustrated. It is clear that she has no self image issues. She then proceeds to ask me if we can take her picture so I said "Of course" because I need proof of this day to tell her when she's a teenager.
A little later in the day:
Me: Erin you need to quit pulling your shirt down. It has to cover your chest. It's a shirt!
Erin: It looks like a dress
Me: It's not a dress it's a shirt.
Erin: but watch when I spin....
Me: I see that it flares out like dresses do but it's still a shirt
Erin: and mom it covers my bottom
Me: It may cover some of your bottom but let me tell you, you will never wear a dress that is that short!
Erin: alright
Later that night I am in the shower and she comes in to go potty:
Erin: Mom this really does look like a dress.
Me: IT'S NOT A DRESS!

Comments

  1. You are right momma. She can't wear a dress that short and I know you and her daddy would never allow her to. I can just hear that conversation with her sweet little voice. Keep this blog going. It warms my heart!!

    Love Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts